The Archived is a young adult paranormal book written by Victoria Schwab.
The dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life in pictures only Librarians can read. The dead, called 'Histories', rest in the Archive.
Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often—violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a tool for staying alive.
Being a Keeper is dangerous and a constant reminder of those she lost, Da and her little brother. Mac wonders about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. Yet someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall. 
- In the first draft of The Archived, the Histories who woke up weren’t children or teens, but were elderly people. One of the characters was a little old lady, who according to Schwab, is one of the creepiest characters she has ever written. 
- In an early version of the book, the Bishop family had a cat. 
- In the first draft of The Archived, Ben was a a minor character, and was only mentioned briefly. 
- There are multiple 'nods' to Doctor Who within the book.
- The book was originally titled All Things Between.